Saturday 16 June 2012

Endless Memories of Holanagadde Beach, Kumta

Every beach has its unique and incredible beauty.  The best way to ease our troubled mind - walking down white sands, watching crash waves and watching the astonishing beauty of sunset. Our father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi has rightly said -  “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator " - Very True. 
Holanagadde - A small village in Kumta Taluk of Uttara Kannada district. It falls on the west coast beach of Arabian sea.  Holanagadde has prestine beach that is not spoilt by tourists. 
Holanagadde beach has a special place in my life. I have spent most of my childhood on the bed of this beach. I used to spend my school holidays in my aunts house which is in Holanagdde. Summer holidays, Dasera holidays  and other holidays were spent in aunts house with my cousins. This beach was our play spot. Our gang - me and my four cousins used to wake up at 8 AM. After having breakfast we used to run to this beach which is just one km away from my aunt's house. We used to play many games and return only after sunset. 
I have learnt swimming in this beach. I have learnt cycling on the sands of this beach. We used to go with fishermen in their small boats for fishing. How can I forget chasing those small little crabs and catching them. How can I forget collecting those beautiful and colorful sea shells. How can I forget those waves which erased the wordings every time we wrote on the sand. How can I forget those small sparrow nests which we used to build with sand. How can I forget those endless arguments with cousins when they collected more sea shells than me.  And most important how can I forget my aunt's scoldings when we used to return home with wet cloths and sand all over the body :) Oh....endless memories like this endless beach....
Leaving behind those childhood memories, I came to Silicon City for higher education and in search of job opportunities. Since then my life has changed, my priorities have changed. Recently, after 10 years, I visited my aunts home and thought of visiting this beach where I had spent my childhood. This time my hubby was with me. My cousins are settled in cities and busy in their life. Beach looked so calm yet showing its majesty. Fishermen were returning home from their duties. Sun was also ready to set after finishing his routine work. I could see crabs running here n there.  I recollected my golden childhood days and completely lost in those memories. I woke up from those memories when waves touched my feet. Gone are those days...will never come again :(  Everything appeared same with this beach. Nothing has changed and there was no effect of time on this beach. I miss this beach but nature will never miss anybody and never waits for anybody.
As sun started setting, white sands turned golden. Moon appeared in the sky to perform his duty. I returned home with heavy heart and heavy steps. 


1 comment:

Kirti Rao said...

Wow I just loved this article. Made me nostalgic. I remember sitting on Honnavar beach and kasargod beach. Lovely memories